Large scale users can realize enormous savings by separating UPS from battery preventive maintenance. Salute Mission Critical provides comprehensive programs that will help you drive costs savings and attain greater levels of performance. We offer:
- Battery preventive maintenance
- Battery replacement and purchase
- Battery monitoring
- Battery capacity testing
- Data center thermal imaging
Our technicians are trained and experienced to work with all major battery brands: C&D Technologies, DEKA, Enersys, Fiamm, GNB, Yuasa, China Storage and more. We can service all systems: APC, Eaton, Liebert, MGE, Toshiba and more.
Battery Preventive Maintenance Service
Batteries are one of the most important components of a UPS. Salute provides maintenance service for a wide variety of batteries for companies located almost anywhere. We offer battery solutions that are customized to fit your specific needs.
Lack of maintenance is the single largest contributor to battery premature failure. Without routine maintenance batteries are subjected to variables that can cause unexpected failures. One bad battery will affect the entire cabinet, and render the UPS unreliable if a power interruption occurs.
A routine maintenance program increases up-time and extends battery life by preventing loose connections, removing corrosion, and identifying bad batteries before they cause a problem. All Salute battery maintenance services comply with IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Guidelines for VRLA and Flooded batteries.
A battery maintenance contract with Salute includes on-site inspections to uncover issues that may not be caught by remote monitoring programs. Our technicians will assess any unforeseen battery vulnerabilities. We will minimize potential battery failure and mitigate any unnecessary battery risks.
Every day Salute’s field engineers see batteries that have been neglected or have failed due to poor maintenance. Often this can result in a critical load loss and be costly for the end-user. Without proper maintenance, batteries:
- Reduce up-time
- Fail prematurely
- Become a safety hazard
Preventive maintenance service includes:
- Measuring of cell voltage levels (Flooded only)
- Checking batteries for loose connection
- Testing of cell/unit internal ohmic value (VRLA only)
- Visual inspection to look for battery leakage, swelling, corrosion as well as the battery environment
- A detailed report with the results of the inspection
- Recommendations needed to ensure your batteries operate at 100% capacity
All services are performed in accordance with IEEE standards. Salute will provide you with a customized battery maintenance plan along with a detailed report of your batteries’ condition.
Battery Replacement & Purchase
Salute is a national critical power service provider and an affordable alternative to the Original Equipment Manufacturer. Our customers typically save 15% on UPS battery replacements.
Salute offers full and partial battery replacement services on all major manufacturers’ battery models. We carry a large stock of top brand batteries in our parts warehouse, which allows us to provide customers with immediate replacements. If the batteries you need are not in stock, we will order them for you quickly at a competitive price.
Battery replacement services include:
- Testing and full inspection of new batteries
- New batteries
- Load bank testing (optional)
- Battery installation/replacement
- Comprehensive report of new batteries’ baseline reading
- Miscellaneous hardware to ensure reliable connections
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved recycling of the old batteries
- Recycling certificate
All installation services are performed by our trained technicians in accordance with IEEE Standards. Services are scheduled at your convenience.
Battery Monitoring Service
Battery Monitoring helps detect problems between scheduled maintenance. A battery monitoring system continuously measures the life of your UPS battery and can detect if a cell is starting to trend toward failure.
There are many factors that affect life of a battery plant; including room temperature, float level and cycling.Salute offers battery monitoring systems, providing you daily reports of the battery plant’s life and will notify you when it detects a battery failure.We use the latest battery monitoring equipment and systems to:
- Monitor cell voltages, internal resistance, and temperature
- Provide immediate warning of a specific battery that is failing
- Record up to 120 days of battery history to allow for trending analysis
- Remotely monitor the battery system across multiple indicators
Salute’s monitoring services allow you to budget for battery replacement—before it becomes an emergency. Our reliable battery monitoring systems and maintenance packages are truly comprehensive solutions for battery plant protection.
Battery Capacity Testing
Salute provides battery capacity testing for all models. Testing the batteries that back your UPS equipment is a proven method to determine how the battery plant will perform during a power outage. Our trained technicians routinely perform capacity tests according to IEEE standards. The results of the test are reviewed in the field and by Salute’s technical support team. A detailed follow-up report is provided outlining the performance results and recommended actions.
Benefits of Battery Testing
- Ability to compare your battery plant to the predicted useful life as specified by the manufacturer
- Reduce battery replacement rate and frequency
- Identification of weak cells and faulty intercell connections prior to failure
Once your batteries have been tested, we provide a comprehensive report of the battery plant; as well as any recommendations for repairs or replacements that need to be made in the near future.
Thermal Imaging Services
Don’t wait for an unplanned outage, performing data center infrared thermography on your critical support infrastructure should be part of your regular preventive maintenance schedule. Detecting irregularities in your data center’s critical support infrastructure in the early stages enables you to take prompt corrective action before costly system failures can occur.
Thermal imaging inspection and analysis by Salute’s highly trained and certified professionals yields many benefits, letting you:
- Identify and correct hidden problems before they become unplanned outages
- Reduce risk of undetected degradation of components due to overloaded circuits or loose connections
- Obtain cost savings by preventing equipment failures and down time
Salute’s certified data center thermographers will analyze your critical electrical components to safeguard systems and prevent unplanned down time. We perform a thorough assessment of:
- Electrical switchgear
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- UPS distribution panels
- Power distribution units
- Automatic transfer switches
These systems must be checked with infrared thermography to detect irregularities that cannot be seen with the naked eye.