You need the right mix of personnel to handle the full range of data center facilities and maintenance activities—but you don’t always have the time to recruit or train them. Salute finds and trains American military veterans to provide technical services with precision and dedication.
Salute can provide dedicated teams for specific projects, or supplemental staff to cover ongoing maintenance needs, on a temporary, long-term contract, or contract-to-permanent basis. Unlike many traditional staffing agencies, we encourage you to hire our employees, as part of our mission to foster data center career pathways for veterans.
- Ability to make a fiber patch cable (MM & SM) using various connectors (SC,LC).
- Ability to use a FLIR-like IR thermal tool.
- Ability to work under the customer direction, written or verbal, on servers/routers/switches on the outside of the IT Kit.
- Cable installation, dress and label cables.
- Cold and hot aisle containment.
- Equipment relay rack placement and mounting according to site drawings, both hard floor and sub-floor.
- Follow the customer directions with computer crash cart, root terminal into applications.
- Inspect and clean fiber optic cable.
- Installation and testing of power, data, timing, coaxial, alarm and switch cabling. Proper terminations of each type of cable. Securing cabling to cable rack, “L” hooks, relay racks and equipment using lacing cord, Velcro or zip ties. Labeling cables according to customer requirements. Removal of cables (mining), according to customer directives.
- Installation of cable rack, superstructure and fiber optic raceway according to site drawings, both overhead and sub-floor.
- Installation of fiber optics riser cables, and fiber jumpers, both single-mode, and multi-mode. Scoping, cleaning, and taking power measurements through the fibers. Documentation of power levels, taking screenshots of fiber connectors. Removal of fiber cabling, following customer directives.
- Measure insertion loss in accordance with TIA-568 C.
- OTDR and network connectivity testing.
- Replace power supplies, fans and CPU.
- Take optical power measurements with an optical power meter.
- Use an Optical Spectrum Analyzer (OSA).
- Use an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR).
Contact Salute today for information on how you can become more reliable.